On Monday we welcomed seven new teams to Groundwork Labs. With them, we’ve started two new things – they are the first to start as a cohort, and 2 of the teams are the first to be part of what we are tentatively calling “Groundwork++” – experienced entrepreneurs (Brian Jenkins and Sylvain Dufour) who have joined Groundwork to both help mentor other teams as to fill some gaps in their own company.
- 451 Technologies - Matt Womble, Tony Pulido. 451 empowers any community to identify, coordinate and respond to safety and emergency issues.
- AdvisorPool - Tom Parker, Jeff Angtuaco – AdvisorPool provides automated marketing tools to help execute an overall client relationship building strategy.
- AnyCloud - Brian Jenkins. AnyCloud aggregates content that consumers have scattered across multiple email, social, and cloud services for easy access.
- Farmzie - Griffe Youngleson. Farmzie empowers local farmers to create an online FarmStand, connecting them to local buyers while receiving recommendations based on their geographic area
- Fotoswipe - Sylvain Dufour. FotoSwipe is the easiest way to instantly share photos on your smartphone with anyone near you; all you have to do is “swipe” the photos from your phone’s screen to your friends’ screens.
- Fusion3 Design - Chris Padgett, David Padgett. Fusion3 designs and manufactures high-performance 3D printers at 1/10 the price of printers with similar specs.
- Mission 100% - Janice Smith. Mission 100% captures highly effective instruction on film and edits the footage into an online library of best practices that can be used to train teachers nationwide.
Looking ahead – in June we will have four teams from the local universities join us as part of our Underground Summer program, and our next “regular” cohort of teams will start in early July. Deadline for applying to the July session will be June 1.